It’s no secret Halloween is my favorite holiday! I love all things spooky and making fun foods is a blast! I’ve been creating and sharing healthier spooky treats since 2010, and I’m super excited about these 3 new additions to the club!
FRANKENKIWIS, MUMMY DOGS and now… Witches’ Fingers!
This is another great one to let the kiddos help with. My girls & I had fun baking these witch fingers together!
Because my kiddos are super young I made it more fun and less spooky (as in they were ‘just’ witch fingers). BUT… the minute they went to bed, I got out my mini-prep and made a raspberry dipping sauce “blood” for my SEVERED Witches Fingers! AAAAHHHHH AAAAHHH! (That’s the best way I know how to transcribe a witch’s cackle. If you know of a better way, please let me know in the comments below!)
My husband and I enjoyed eating it with the “blood”, but use your discretion. Both ways were a hit!
Please let me know in the comments below what you think, or if you make it!
Witches’ Fingers (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp organic matcha powder (I used Encha) or 1 tsp Spirulina powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Chocolate chunks (I used Enjoy Life)
- Almonds slices
Optional: Blood Dipping Sauce
- 6 oz organic raspberries (fresh or frozen)
Kitchen Gadgets Used
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Mini Cuisinart Prep
- Optional: Ice cream scoop
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl
- Scoop the dough, using an ice cream scoop or tablespoon, and roll between your hands to form a finger shape
- Score a few “knuckle” lines with a knife
- Put a chocolate chunk at one end of the fingers, to make fingernails
- Bake 10-12 minute, until just golden at the edges
- While the chocolate is still hot, press an almond sliver into some (or all) of the fingers to make witchy fingernails
- Optional: blend fresh or frozen organic raspberries to make “blood”
- Let cool & enjoy!
Leave a Reply