(and a sneaky way to get in some cruciferioucs healthy veggies into your kid! or BIG kid (aka spouse/partner!) 🙂
Yes, that’s really all I have to say about it! Try it and let me know what you think in the comments below! 🙂
I hope you enjoy this decadent yet healthier comfort food as much as my family does!
- 1 box elbow quinoa pasta (12 oz)
- 1 cauliflower
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp tumeric
- ¼ tsp pepper
- optional: ¼ cup Panko crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400F (or Broil)
- Bring 2 large pots of water to boil.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- In the other pot, cook the cauliflower for about 10 minutes – until very tender.
- Drain cauliflower.
- In a Vitamix, or with an immersion blender, blend all the ingredients except for the pasta.
- Mix the pasta and sauce, together. Do it gradually, you may have a little sauce left over.
- You can stop there, or transfer Mac ‘n Cheese to a glass baking dish (I used a 13×9 dish, and had a little room on one side) top with Panko crumbs, and bake until golden brown on top. About 10 minutes.