Do you love the flavors of the holiday season, but not the way you feel after indulging in heavy sugary treats loaded with dairy? If you’re guilty (like me! GASP!) of purchasing eggnog in a carton, you might be aware that they are still highly processed and loaded with sugar.(Yes, EVEN IF it’s the soymilk, almond milk or coconut milk kind.)
But you’re in luck! I created my own version that is so rich, creamy and comforting it’s hard to believe it’s healthy, too!
I hope you enjoy! Happy Holidays!
Vegan Egg Nog
Serves 2 (10 ounce low ball glasses)
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 5.5 oz can (full fat) coconut milk
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 pitted medjool date
- ¼ avocado
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ plus⅛ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Optional Festiveness: Bourbon or Rum!
- Chill coconut milk either overnight in the fridge or in the freezer for about 30- 45 minutes (until solid).
- Place all of the ingredients into the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Garnish with sprinkled cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Serve immediately.