I’ve made home made almond milk many times before. I even have a cooking video on it!
Last night though, I got all wild and crazy and made VANILLA almond milk.
I have to tell you, it was the BEST almond milk I’ve ever had!
Maybe it was because I had a super cute sous chef helping add all the ingredients into the blender (who LOVED squeezing the nut bag!), or maybe it was because I made it with an actual vanilla bean hand delivered from a dear friend who got it in the Maldives. Either way, it was delicious.
Perfectly sweet, but not TOO sweet. I thought it was the perfect evening beverage for me, and the girls had it in the morning!
If you make it, comment below and let me know what you think!
I’m still debating what to do with the pulp…
- make my almond pulp crackers
- try a new cheese
- make almond flour (so expensive but this way is cheap!)
Hmmm… any other ideas? I’d love to hear them!
Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 cup almonds, soaked overnight
- 2 medjool dates
- 1 vanilla bean (inside scraped) or ½ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch Sea Salt
- Optional: ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Drain and rinse almonds
- Optional: pinch off the skins from the almonds. I’ve done it both ways, doesn’t change the color or taste.
- Add all ingredients to a Vitamix or blender
- Blend on high for about a minute
- Strain through a nut milk bag