Today, I hosted my first ever Facebook LIVE and someone asked a great question:
What is a smoothie I love that is loaded with greens?
Now, ALL of my smoothies have greens in them, (that’s just how I roll,) BUT I realized I never shared my two favorite truly GREEN smoothies!
I have my green protein smoothie (great for postpartum mamas!) most weekdays and on the weekends I’ll make the Green Machine.
What’s YOUR favorite greens-focused smoothie? Share below!
Have a great day and make sure to eat your GREENS! 🙂
Abby’s Green Machine Smoothie (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 2 big handfuls spinach
- 1 romaine heart
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 2-3 celery stalks
- 1 green apple
- 1 pear
- 1 banana
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Few shakes turmeric
- water (about 2-3 cups)
- Put everything in a Vitamin or high speed blender, and blend thoroughly.
- If it’s too thick, add some water or let it settle for a few minutes and strain off the top.
(I just use the pitcher from my Brevill juicer which has a built-in skimmer!)
Abby’s Green Protein Smoothie (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 10 oz almond milk
- 1 tbsp flax oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cucumber
- ½ – ¾ frozen banana
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder
- big handful spinach
- splash of water (or more if desired a thinner consistency)
- (optional) Few shakes turmeric
- (optional) ½ tsp spirulina or 1 dropper chlorophyll
- Add everything to a Vitamin or high speed blender