I made these for the first time when my parents were visiting from New Jersey. It was Valentine’s Day so a treat was in order! They were a big hit! (and I mean that both figuritvely AND literally since I made them on the large side… They were cut in half but the other halves were soon demolished anyway) Make them whatever size you like! 🙂
For the filling:
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 1 cup sliced organic strawberries
- 2 tbsp organic maple syrup
For the chocolate:
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- Add the filling ingredients to a food processor and mix well.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, melon baller or spoon, form small balls of filling and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Put the balls in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to harden.
- Using a double boiler (or mixing bowl over a larger pot of simmering water), melt the chocolate chips and almond milk.
- Stir constantly until all the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- When the filling balls are firm to the touch, roll them in melted chocolate and return to the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour to set.
They can be stored in the fridge or freezer. If you keep them in the freezer, you’ll want to let them thaw out on the counter for a few minutes before eating!