If you are raising a plant-based or health-focused family, it’s great to have a fun snack so the kids don’t feel like they are missing out on something their peers and friends get. If you ever looked at the ingredients on fruit roll-ups or fruit-by-the-foot, you might not feel so good about giving it to your child. But the good news is that it’s super easy to make it yourself! This recipe only has TWO ingredients!
I add in beets because they are a way to naturally sweeten it while adding beneficial vitamins and minerals and a sneaky way to get some of this power veggie in your kids if they won’t eat it! My daughter used to love beets but now won’t eat them (no idea why). However she LOVES these fruit rolls and gets very excited when I give them to her.
Strawberry’s have antioxidants, vitamins B & C and are good for eyes, brain and immune system.
Beets have vitamins B & C, potassium, fiber, fight inflammation and anti-cancer!
This is known in our house as the ‘red’ or strawberry fruit roll but I also made a ‘green’ or mango fruit roll! It has mango, spinach and kiwi. I’ll share that recipe soon!
Strawberry Beet Fruit Leather
- 1½ cups organic strawberries – fresh or frozen
- ½ cup cooked beets
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees F
- Blend all (both) ingredients in a Vitamix or high-speed blender
- Pour out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Using an offset spatula, spread to an even ⅛” layer
- Bake for about 3 hours to dehydrate, checking every 30 minutes after 2:00
- Cut into strips with kitchen sheers or a very sharp knife
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might like my apricot coconut balls… another great toddler treat you’ll feel good about giving your kiddo!