Strawberries are an oft-overlooked superfood! They are packed with antioxidants that can protect against heart disease, strokes and other inflammatory diseases. Plus, strawberries promote weight loss, balance blood sugar and even support healthy skin and nails!
I eat MOST of my strawberries just plain and fresh. They are SO good!
Some other ideas:
- Throw them in your oatmeal
- Add them to your granola
- Put them in your smoothies
- Toss them in your salads
- And of course, there’s dessert!
Here’s one of my favorite DESSERT ways to enjoy strawberries! Fresh, organic local strawberries with coconut whipped ‘cream!’ I also use this whipped cream to frost cakes, cupcakes, top ice ‘cream’, sundaes, mousse and well, practically any other dessert I can get my hands on. It’s a recurring treat in my home, that’s for sure! 🙂
Strawberries and Cream
By Abby Phon
- 1-2 cups sliced organic strawberries
- 1 can (14.5 oz) full-fat organic coconut cream
- 1 tbsp organic maple syrup*
- 1 tbsp coconut crystals*
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
*Note: you can use other combinations of natural sweeteners here.
- Refrigerate the coconut cream in the can overnight (I keep a can or two in the fridge just in case)
- Open the can and scoop the thick top layer of cream (leave the water part on the bottom for a smoothie later!)
- Beat the coconut cream, sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Add the strawberries