I just made this super fresh, incredibly tasty, unbelievably healthy soup the other day. It was so easy and fast I plan to make it again this week! (and have been looking at my calendar tyring to find a date just so I can invite friends over to make it for them too!).
This is truly the perfect late spring/early summer soup!
Spring Pea & Basil Soup (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 5 cups water
- 4 cups organic peas (I used frozen but fresh works too!)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup loosely packed of fresh basil (plus a few sprigs for garnish)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat
- Sauté garlic and onion
- Add the peas and cook for 4 minutes
- Add the water, salt and pepper and bring to a boil
- Lower the heat and cover. Cook for 8 minutes or until the peas are tender
- Add the basil and using an immersion blender, puree until very smooth
Note: If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can use a regular blender. Blend a few cups at a time, being careful not to splash hot soup!