Happy Taco Tuesday!
I’m celebrating today with a Brand New Taco Recipe: Spinach Potato Tacos!!!
Super yummy and approved by toddler, kid, hubby and me!
I haven’t had a chance yet to post it on the blog so here you go! 🙂
If you make it, let me know what you think below!
Spinach Potato Tacos
(vegan, gluten free & kosher)
- 4 large potatoes (I used red) washed and cut into cubes
- 1 package frozen organic spinach (10 oz)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon coconut or avocado oil
- 2¼ teaspoons ground cumin
- ¾ tsp Himalayan salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Organic Taco Shells
Optional Add Ons / Toppings:
- Avocados (for topping or guac)
- Organic tomatoes
- Organic lettuce
- In a pot, cover potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil
- Reduce to a simmer and cook 10-12 minutes, until a knife slides in easily
- Cook onion in a frying pan with 1 tbsp oil and a pinch of salt over medium heat until caramelized (about 5-7 minutes)
- When the onion is just about ready, add the garlic and cook for a minute or so until aromatic
- Add spinach and potatoes to the onions, and add the rest of the ingredients
- Simmer until everything is cooked & well combined
- Spoon into hard or soft organic taco shells
p.s. – I don’t like spicy stuff (and I have young kids) but if YOU like it hot, add some chili powder, cayenne or hot sauce to kick it up a notch (or 2)! 🙂