I was working on my Winter Soup Series and got so carried away that I ended up with one more, after I put together the recipes. I JUST made this tonight (it’s actually a rainy day here in LA!) and it was incredible. So creamy, decadent and yummy! REALLY hard to believe it’s vegan! This soup is great without cashews (if you want a nut free soup or don’t have cashews!) and truffle oil BUT… I have to tell you (because I made it BOTH ways!), this soup is EXCEPTIONAL using both! My NEW FAVORITE soup! Also, using the Vitamix to blend it up (versus an Immersion blender) REALLY made it light and airy. SOOOO yummy! I plan to serve it to guests the next time I have people over for dinner! It’s THAT good! 🙂
Hope you enjoy!
Roasted Creamy Cauliflower & Truffle Soup
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups organic leeks, (white part only) chopped
- 2 stalks organic celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup raw cashews, soaked (optional)
- truffle oil (drizzled, to taste) (optional)
- ¾ tsp pink Himalayan salt, or to taste
- ¼-½ tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- Roast cauliflower (drizzled with olive or sunflower oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper) for approximately 30 minutes, until golden.
- Sauté leeks and celery in olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt for 5-6 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic, sauté another 40-60 seconds.
- Add the roasted cauliflower, veggie stock, water, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes
- Transfer to Vitamix (possibly in 2 batches), add cashews and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with a drizzle of truffle oil.