I’m sure like many of you, I’m not feeling THAT patriotic for the 4th this coming weekend. But if you have kids, like me, it’s still fun to celebrate with them.
Last year, I was short on time so I whipped up some Red White & Blue (healthier) rice krispy treats. This year, I’m still short on time so I made an even quicker brand new recipe… yogurt bark!
Yep, it’s still vegan and gluten free and the best part is it’s easy, fast and no baking/cooking required! It also makes for a super fun activity with the kids and let’s face it, with a 3 day weekend, can’t we all use some ideas?
So here are two easy ways to enjoy some red, white & blue on a hot summer day!
Red, White & Blue Yogurt Bark (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 2 cups non-dairy yogurt (I used Culina)
- Toppings like blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, vegan white chocolate chips, etc
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp Blue Majik blue spirulina powder
- Mix the yogurt and maple syrup together in a small mixing bowl
- Stir in the blue spirulina, if using
- Pour into a 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish lined with parchment paper
- Add in toppings
- Freeze for 30-45 minutes, or until solid
- Take out, break into chunks and enjoy!
Leave a Reply