A favorite flavor of mine is peppermint and one of my favorite things ever is chocolate!!! So a combo of the 2 gets me pretty excited.
I just made this recipe for the first time for my Young Living Essential Oils workshop. It’s a cross between my favorite chocolate bar (that I eat um… ‘almost’ daily) which has toasted quinoa for a light crispy crunch and a Nestle Crunch bar, which I no longer eat but recall loving! BUT this one’s got a twist: the most amazing peppermint flavor courtesy of my secret ingredient… Peppermint Young Living Essential Oil!
(** It’s important to note that when ever I talk about ingesting essential oils or putting it in my recipes, I am ONLY talking about Young Living. I wouldn’t feel good going to Whole Foods or another store and ingesting any of the peppermint oils (or other varieties) because it’s actually probably not safe! I wholeheartedly endorse and feel safe using Young Living because it’s the purest oil I’ve found! Interested in learning more? Go here or please reach out to me!)
With a newborn, a toddler, and 2 other recipes to make (check out my orange brownies and lemon meringues here) it was ESSENTIAL that this recipe was crazy fast and super easy!
This bar was SO good I literally could not stop eating it! Luckily I made a double batch so that my guests could have some too. 🙂
Peppermint Crunch Bars (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 1½ cups chocolate chips
- 1½ cup brown rice crisp cereal
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 4 drops pure peppermint essential oil (I use Young Living, see why here)
- Line an 8″ square baking pan with parchment paper
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler (or a bowl over top of a pan of simmering water)
- Add 4 drops of peppermint and mix well
- Add rice crisp cereal to melted chocolate and mix well
- Pour into the baking pan and spread evenly
- Cool the pan in the refrigerator for an hour or overnight (or the freezer for 15-20 minutes)
Leave a Reply