A favorite flavor of mine is peppermint and one of my favorite things ever is chocolate!!! So a combo of the 2 gets me pretty excited.
I just made this recipe for the first time for my Young Living Essential Oils workshop. It’s a cross between my favorite chocolate bar (that I eat um… ‘almost’ daily) which has toasted quinoa for a light crispy crunch and a Nestle Crunch bar, which I no longer eat but recall loving! BUT this one’s got a twist: the most amazing peppermint flavor courtesy of my secret ingredient… Peppermint Young Living Essential Oil!
(** It’s important to note that when ever I talk about ingesting essential oils or putting it in my recipes, I am ONLY talking about Young Living. I wouldn’t feel good going to Whole Foods or another store and ingesting any of the peppermint oils (or other varieties) because it’s actually probably not safe! I wholeheartedly endorse and feel safe using Young Living because it’s the purest oil I’ve found! Interested in learning more? Go here or please reach out to me!)
This bar was SO good I literally could not stop eating it! Luckily I made a double batch so that my guests could have some too. 🙂
Peppermint Crunch Bars (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 1½ cups chocolate chips
- 1½ cup brown rice crisp cereal
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 4 drops pure peppermint essential oil (I use Young Living, see why here)
- Line an 8″ square baking pan with parchment paper
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler (or a bowl over top of a pan of simmering water)
- Add 4 drops of peppermint and mix well
- Add rice crisp cereal to melted chocolate and mix well
- Pour into the baking pan and spread evenly
- Cool the pan in the refrigerator for an hour or overnight (or the freezer for 15-20 minutes)