I have a new obsession and it’s actually NOT kale! LOL! 🙂
It’s my ginger pear smoothie!
I make one almost every morning! They are SO yummy! It’s like the Fall season & a pear crisp in a glass!
Pears are full of vitamins like B6, C and E, fat-free, cholesterol-free and a good source of dietary fiber (including soluble fiber!). Pears have even been shown to reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes! A smoothie is a great way to eat them, since the skin has 3-4 times as many antioxidants and phytonutrients as the flesh.
If you’re making this for breakfast, I always recommend protein in the morning. It keeps you feeling full longer, and means you actually eat fewer calories overall. I usually use either Usana protein powder or a big handful of nuts, depending on my mood. It’s optional, but highly recommended!
Ginger Pear Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 pear, stem & seeds removed
- 1 -2 medjool dates, pitted
- Handful of ice (6-7 cubes from my fridge, about 1/2 cup)
- 5-6 brazil nuts
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger
- splash of vanilla
- optional: green powder or handful of spinach
- optional: vanilla protein powder or handful of nuts/nut butter
- Toss all ingredients in a Vitamix or blender.