I LOVE candy! Or at least I used to. My sister likes to remind me that I could hear candy being unwrapped a mile away and come running. However, now I don’t like what’s in candy, which is why I’ve made my own the past few years. That’s right….my own!
Below is my Peanut Butter Cups recipe. To see my Mounds/Almond Joy recipe, go here! They’re both vegan and gluten free! (Not that you or your ghoulish guests will notice!)
Peanut Butter Cups (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 dozen mini-cups
- Half cup organic coconut oil
- Half cup natural peanut butter or other all natural nut butter (such as almond butter)
- 6 tbsp raw cacao powder
- ⅔ cup Sucanat (or raw sugar), powdered fine in a Cuisinart or blender
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Filling:
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- In a double boiler or on very low heat mix chocolate coating ingredients until smooth.
- Put a little coating in the bottom of mini-muffin papers in a mini muffin tin and place in the freezer.
- While it is setting (just takes a few minutes), mix the peanut butter and honey together.
- Add the mixture on top of the set/chilled chocolate layer and then add more of the chocolate coating on top to cover the filling.
- Freeze again until set.
- Then enjoy your perfect chocolate-peanut butter combo creation!
Adapted from: Simple. Healthy. Tasty.
Oooo yummy I’m going to have to try this one!
Abby Phon says
Yay! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!