These brownies are AMAZING!
I created them for an Essential Oils workshop and they were a huge hit! Orange and chocolate go so well together, and the flavors meld perfectly. It’s one of my mother’s favorite combos’! (I am a fan too!) One guest at my event even said it was all she could do to keep from putting the entire tray of brownies in her purse! (Now that’s a compliment if I ever heard one!) 🙂
These are my always-popular Almond Butter Brownies with a twist: Orange Young Living Essential Oil!
If you want to see some of my other essential oil creations from that event, try my peppermint crunch bars or my lemon meringue cookies!
(** It’s important to note that when ever I talk about ingesting essential oils or putting it in my recipes, I am ONLY talking about Young Living. I wouldn’t feel good going to Whole Foods or another store and ingesting any of the orange oils (or other varieties) because it’s actually probably not safe! I wholeheartedly endorse and feel safe using Young Living because it’s the purest oil I’ve found! Interested in learning more? Go here or please reach out to me!)
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Orange Chocolate Brownies (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 1 cup organic raw almond butter
- ½ cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed + 3 tbsp water (freshly ground is best!)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp organic vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 7 drops orange Young Living Essential Oil
- Preheat oven: 350 F
- Grease small Pyrex dish (8×8 or 9×9), or line with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips
- Add chocolate chips and pour batter into pan
- Bake until golden dark brown and a toothpick comes out clean – about 22-25 mins
- Cool at least 10 mins before cutting (if you can wait that long!)
Leave a Reply