Need a super-cute snack for a party this Summer? These refreshing mini watermelon slices are made out of strawberry flavored jel and held in a lime! They look adorable, and are very fun!
I made these for my daughter’s watermelon-themed 2nd birthday and they were a big hit! (Adorable but deceiving – no watermelon flavor, just strawberry! And the longer you make in advance, the more lime flavor they pick up.)
Although I usually get compliments on my treats, these cuties were by far the best conversation starters at the party!
If you try this recipe, please share your photo and tag me on Facebook or Instagram! I’d love to see your healthier creations!
Have a delicious day!
PS – if it isn’t a kids party, you can swap out some of the water for vodka! 🙂
Mini Watermelon Slices (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 1½ cups boiling water
- 1 (1.6-oz) package strawberry-flavored gelatin (I used Simply Delish Strawberry Jel Dessert)
- 5-6 limes
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- Mix 1½ cups boiling water with Jel dessert and let stand to cool slightly.
- Cut limes in half and remove the insides. I used a combination of a small paring knife, spoon and my fingers.
- Put lime halves in pyrex dish and fill each half with Jel dessert.
- Refrigerate until set (follow package directions, about an hour)
- Cut each lime half in half again (to make ¼ lime wedges)
- Optional: top with a few black sesame seeds (to look like watermelon seeds)
Leave a Reply