Need a super-cute snack for a party this Summer? These refreshing mini watermelon slices are made out of strawberry flavored jel and held in a lime! They look adorable, and are very fun!
I made these for my daughter’s watermelon-themed 2nd birthday and they were a big hit! (Adorable but deceiving – no watermelon flavor, just strawberry! And the longer you make in advance, the more lime flavor they pick up.)
Although I usually get compliments on my treats, these cuties were by far the best conversation starters at the party!
Have a delicious day!
PS – if it isn’t a kids party, you can swap out some of the water for vodka! 🙂
Mini Watermelon Slices (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 1½ cups boiling water
- 1 (1.6-oz) package strawberry-flavored gelatin (I used Simply Delish Strawberry Jel Dessert)
- 5-6 limes
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- Mix 1½ cups boiling water with Jel dessert and let stand to cool slightly.
- Cut limes in half and remove the insides. I used a combination of a small paring knife, spoon and my fingers.
- Put lime halves in pyrex dish and fill each half with Jel dessert.
- Refrigerate until set (follow package directions, about an hour)
- Cut each lime half in half again (to make ¼ lime wedges)
- Optional: top with a few black sesame seeds (to look like watermelon seeds)