It’s no secret. I LOVE matcha!
What I DON’T love is all the added sugar you get in a matcha latte when you order one out.
But it’s actually super easy to make your own! This version is sweet and tasty, with the added benefits of vitamins & minerals from the dates and no refined sugar to detract from the amazing antioxidant benefits of the matcha tea.
Give it a try, and I bet you’ll agree!
Matcha Latte (Vegan/Dairy-free & Naturally Sweetened)
- 10 oz unsweetened almond or oat milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 tsp organic matcha powder (I like Encha since it’s organic, ceremonial grade straight from Japan and tested for heavy metals!)
- 2 drops organic liquid stevia sweetener
- 2 pitted Medjool dates
- Add everything to a Vitamix or high-speed blender
- Blend until smooth
- Enjoy over ice, or warm in a saucepan
Optional: use a wand frother like this or carafe frother like this to get that barista-style foam. (I have both!)
Leave a Reply