Understandably, my girls are having a hard time with their brother still being in the hospital (day 13 today!).
For this Valentine’s Day, I wanted a super fun but super easy treat and activity for them. And because Karma Baker can’t ship their Hot Chocolate Bombs at the moment, we made our own!
(Celine, you inspired me to do this but I still want to try yours! :))
This is such a fun activity with kids. My girls absolutely loved it. My 5 year old deemed the finished drinks ‘too sweet’ (shocking, I know!) but she had a blast and wants to do it again anyway.
(For what it’s worth, I toned down the sugar/sweetness by using Four Sigmatic Caco with Reishi – full of adaptogens and only 2g coconut sugar per serving. Use code APHON for a disount!)
Anyway.. if you make this, tag me so I can see your creation.
And happy almost Valentine’s Day!
Hot Chocolate Bombs (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 5 oz vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- 3 Four Sigmatic Cacao Reishi packets (or other vegan hot chocolate mix)
- vegan mini-marshmallows (I used Dandies)
- Optional – vegan white chocolate chips for drizzle
- Clean & dry a 6 half-sphere silicone mold (like this one)
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler (or metal bowl above a pot of simmering water)
- Spoon about 1 tbsp melted chocolate into each half-sphere and distribute evenly with a spoon or spatula
- Chill in the freezer for 5 minutes, or fridge for 10 minutes.
- Gently pop each shell out of the mold
- Add Four Sigmatic cacao powder and a handful of mini-marshmallows to half the half-shells
- Take each top half and melt the edge quickly in a hot pan then fuse to each bottom half. You can use a little extra melted chocolate to seal the edge, if necessary
- Optional: drizzle with some melted white chocolate for a little contrast, or add sprinkles or colored sugar
- Chill 10 minutes in the fridge to harden the shell
- When ready to eat (immediately, in my house!), add one “bomb” to an empty mug and pour your favorite hot plant based milk or hot water over top
Leave a Reply