Homemade Applesauce is super easy, and tastes delicious!
I make this recipe to go with latkes on Hanukkah (like my Baked Sweet Potato Latkes or Zucchini/Potato Latkes!), but it’s delicious any time of the year. It’s a great way to use up aging apples from the orchard or farmers’ market as well!
- 4 medium-to-large red apples (Macintosh, Honeycrisp, Gala, etc.)
- Dash of cinnamon
- Optional: splash of apple cider
Option 1: Stovetop Directions
- Peel and chop apples
- Add a few generous shakes of cinnamon and a few splashes of water or apple cider
- Cook on a low flame until well…it looks like applesauce! (Add a small bit of water if it ever looks dry)
Option 2: Pressure Cooker / InstantPot Directions
- Add apples, cinnamon and ¼ cup water to the InstantPot.
- Close the lid and cook at High Pressure for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it Natural Pressure Release.
ENJOY & Happy Hanukkah!