Nothing says Valentine’s Day like a heart shaped cookie! 🙂
This recipe is gluten free, vegan, has good protein and fiber from almonds, fats from coconut oil and is naturally sweetened! The ingredients are all ones I feel good about enjoying with my children!
This is a fun one to do with the kiddos too, since they can help do it all… measure, stir, roll, cut out the heart shapes, frost & decorate! (And I know we all are looking for things to do with the kids at home these days!) Easy and fairly fast too.. my kind of recipe!
Hope you enjoy!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
- 2 cups fine/super fine almond flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda & salt
- Add in the vanilla, maple syrup and coconut oil and mix until the dough holds together as a ball
- Chill in the freezer for 30 minutes
- Roll out the dough on a floured counter or parchment paper until about ¼ inch thick
- Cut out cookies with a heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with a Silpat (or transfer the parchment paper directly)
- Bake 6-9 minutes until very light golden brown on the edges
- Remove from oven & transfer to a wire rack to cool
- Once cool, decorate with pink frosting & sprinkles, dip in chocolate or enjoy as-is!