This recipe is deceptively simple and oh, so delicious. I made it for my Dad’s birthday earlier this year, and my husband loved it so much he requested it for HIS special day.
Hope you enjoy it too!
French Silk Pie (plant based & gluten free)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Add hazelnuts and cookies to a cuisinart and pulse until fine crumbs
- Add melted butter and salt, and blitz again until combined
- Press into a spring form pan, using a measuring cup or glass to get an even bottom and make sure it comes at least an inch or so up the side
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes and allow to cool on a wire rack
- While the crust is cooling, melt chocolate in a double boiler or bowl placed over a pot of simmering water
- Add the chocolate, tofu and almond milk to a Vitamix or blender and blend until well combined
- Pour into crust and refrigerate overnight, or at least 4 hours
- Top with homemade coconut whipped cream or vegan whipped topping & shaved chocolate