These FrankenKiwis are so cute, so easy and so fast. They makes for a great snack, dessert, or side to a meal and the kids can help too! My girls loved putting in the eyes and bolts (and by putting in, of course I mean EATING. Not much help, after all.)
Want to know some of the many benefits to eating kiwis? Well they…
- Are a good source of Vitamin C – almost twice that of lemons and oranges!
- Are a natural source of serotonin, which may aid sleep
- Are good source of dietary fiber, which helps prevent cardiovascular disease, heart disease, diabetes and certain types of cancer
- Aid digestion – Kiwis contains a digestive enzyme called actinidain which is similar to papain (in papayas).
- Are a good source of folate (B9) which is needed to make blood cells and is particularly important during pregnancy
- Give a beauty boost – Kiwis have Vitamin E which is beneficial for healthy skin & hair
- Are loaded with lots of other vitamins like Vitamins A, B6 and B12, and minerals like potassium, calcium, iron and magnesium.
I hope you love this one as much as we did! Please let me know what you think (or if you try it!) in the comments below.
FrankenKiwis (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Organic kiwis
- Vegan mini chocolate chips (I used EnjoyLife)
- Gluten free pretzel sticks (I used Snyder’s)
- Vegetable peeler
- Kid knives (or your own knives, if they aren’t helping)
- Peel half the skin off each kiwi
- With a peeler or knife, make little hair bangs
- Add 2 mini chocolate chips for eyes
- Break a pretzel in half and put each half in the side of the kiwi head as bolts
If you like this post, check out my other fun Halloween food ideas!