I first made this recipe for my Dad’s 79th birthday last month using blueberries for a topping. They were delicious, and such a big hit that my kiddos requested I make it again soon. In fact, it was my 5 year old’s suggestion to remake it with strawberries for Valentine’s Day!
Fast, easy, naturally sweetened and nutritious (with protein and healthy fats)… this is a great recipe!
I love that’s it’s versatile. Mini chocolate chips, peanut butter, berry jam or other frozen berries all sound delicious! For right now, these strawberry-filled bites will bring extra cheer to my girls this Valentine’s Day. Hope you enjoy them too!
Mini Cheesecake Bites
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight or 30+ minutes in hot water
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups vegan graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tbsp melted coconut oil or vegan butter
- Soak cashews in.a dish of water in the fridge overnight, or boil some water and soak them at least 30 minutes and drain
* in a pinch, a high-speed blender like a Vitamix will handle raw cashews just fine
- Add cashews, lemon juice, coconut oil, coconut milk and maple syrup to a Vitamix or blender
- Blend until smooth
- In a Cuisinart or mini-prep, pulse graham crackers until crumbly, then pulse in melted coconut oil or butter
- Pack 1-2 tbsp graham cracker mix into the bottom of each mini muffin cup
- Fill each cup with filling mixture to the brim
*optional add some berry jam on top and swirl with a knife or toothpick
- Freeze 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Serve cold (they will soften/melt at room temperature)