It was my daughter’s first birthday, and I was torn between baking or buying her first cake ever. I started looking into healthier bakeries in the area, but they were expensive and many of them still used white/refined flour and sugar, toxic food dyes for coloring or didn’t have designs I really liked.
But I really wanted my baby girl to have a first birthday cake (and a first birthday cupcake)! Finally, I decided to just bake a healthy cake, instead. But then, I got a little excited, and ended up baking three cakes and 24 cupcakes over two days.
And I have to tell you, not only did I bake three cakes, but I ate three cakes too! It was DELICIOUS! Best cake I’ve ever had! My parents also loved it. All of our friends at the party (including the other babies) loved it. It was truly a huge hit!
If you have a birthday coming up, whether it’s for you, a family member, a friend or a colleague, I guarantee this cake will be a huge hit! It’s delicious, moist, tasty, not too sweet and good for you!
A Healthy Vegan Birthday Cake Buttercream Frosting That Everyone Will Love!
- 1 cup vegan butter replacements
- 3-4 cups organic powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Beet juice or other natural red food dye
- Cream vegan butter substitute in a bowl using a hand mixer or electric mixer.
- Add vanilla.
- Gradually add sugar, about a cup at a time, until mixed well and has a frosting-like consistency. If it’s too soft, add more sugar. If it’s too thick, add a touch of almond milk to thin it out.
- Add desired amount of natural food dye and mix well.
- Frost, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply