If you follow me on IG, you know it’s no secret I like my vegan donuts (particularly from my favorite spot in LA!) BUT it’s a good idea to follow my own advice and if I want a treat, make it myself!
I’ve had the donut pans for a while. I was excited when they arrived in the mail and I unwrapped them, cleaned them and put them away but never had the chance to make donuts… until now. Just in time for Hanukkah! (and yes, I understand that ‘traditionally’ donuts for Hanukkah are fried but I also want to live a long healthy life to and luckily Judaism always says, health comes first). 🙂
For my first time using the pans, my toddler and I decided on these apple cider donuts… but the second batch was chocolate! (Naturally. Recipe coming soon!)
Everyone loved them. Vegan, gluten free and BAKED so healthier for you, no doubt!
Wishing you and your family a happy and healthy holiday season!
With love & hugs,
Baked Apple Cider Donuts (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Yields: 12 donuts
- ½ cup organic apple cider (or unfiltered organic apple juice)
- ¼ cup vegan buttery spread, melted (I used Earth Balance)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened organic applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Spray or grease the donut pan
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well
- Put the batter into a pastry bag (or ziploc with a corner cut off) and pipe into the donut pan
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack
Apple Cider Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider
- While the donuts are baking, whisk together powdered sugar and apple cider in a small shallow bowl.
- Once donuts have cooled, dip the tops of each donut into the glaze.
(Optional: a 2nd coat when the glaze has dried makes the donuts sweeter)