A special back-to-school tradition that combines special 1-on-1 time with each of my girls with a chance to to calm and ease any anxiety and as a bonus, is an excuse to share about self care!
EVERYTHING was something I had on hand… I didn’t need to buy, plan or prep. This took no time to pull together, but was a big success!
*** EVERYTHING was something I had on hand… I didn’t need to buy, plan or prep. This took no time to pull together, but was a big success!
- Bath robes (the girls rarely wear, but are always fun)
- Flowers & flower petals (from our weekly Shabbat flowers we buy at the Farmers Market)
- Bubble bath
- Osea bath salts
- Soy Candles (non-toxic!)
- Music (They picked Snatam Kaur… I swear I offered everything from classical to jazz to pop like Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift…. and they still chose GRACE!)
- LettuceGrow Cucumber slices to soothe the eyes (the girls just think they are funny and they ate them right after I took the photos!)
- Spa Water (w/ cucumber, raspberry & mint)
- Bubbly special drink (tart cherry juice w/ seltzer and 2 raspberries) in a pretty flute
- Manicures & pedicures (with Ella & Mila 17-free non-toxic nail polish)
- Organic fruit from the farmers market to munch on (grapes & strawberries)
- Yvonne’s Vegan Kitchen gluten free/vegan treats (I found in the freezer: A leftover Minnie Mouse cake pop & a Minnie Mouse mini cupcake from a birthday party. Can you guess the theme? The girls couldn’t have been more excited!)
Even the bunny got in on the spa day. He did exactly what the girls did: nibbled his cucumber slice!
Do you have any traditions you do for back to school?
PS – My 4 year old said (a few times) that I need a spa day! SMART girl! And she’s right!