They may taste like a dessert but with all the fiber from the oats and coconut and protein from the pepitas (pumpkin seeds), they are secretly a healthy treat! My toddler devours these – she calls them cookies, and I don’t mind at all!
I’m using dried apricots, which actually have higher levels of fiber, potassium and antioxidants than fresh fruit because they are more concentrated.
If you want all the details on these meals, recipes and more toddler lunch & snack ideas, be sure to sign up for my FREE newsletter and and be sure to like me on Facebook, Instagram and my YouTube channel for more cooking demos!
- 1 cup dried apricots
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ¼ cup shredded coconut (plus another ½ cup to roll the balls in, if desired)
- 2-3 teaspoons coconut oil (optional, depending how dry your apricots are)
- Put the apricots, oats, pepitas and coconut in a food processor
- Pulse until well combined
- Form into bite-sized balls with your hand (use a 1.5 tbsp scoop for consistent sizes)
- * If they don’t hold together, add a tsp of melted coconut oil at a time
- Optional: roll in coconut shreds