The girls were home from school for winter break and I wanted to bake with them. It’s a fun activity we all enjoy doing together.
The girls were SO excited to bake cookies. When I told them what we were going to do they immediately went to their play kitchen, got their aprons out and put them on (or at least tried to, lol).
They also couldn’t stop taste-testing the batter before they even hit the oven. (Good thing I don’t use eggs!)
Baking cookies sounded like a good idea, but I couldn’t decide what kind of cookie to make! Almond butter cookies? Oatmeal cookies? Chocolate chip cookies? It had been a while (too long!) since we made cookies so honestly, I wanted them all! Can you relate? 🙂
So… I combined them all and made an almond butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookie! (The baby, hubby and I love crystallized ginger so I added that to half the batch!)
The outcome? Holy smokes guys…. SO SO good! Definitely a winner and recipe keeper!
Easy, fast, ONE BOWL, 5 ingredient (vegan & gluten free) cookies that are gooey and delicious!
These are definitely HEALTHIER cookies but don’t taste healthy at all! Why are they better?
- ALMOND BUTTER adds protein and healthy fat
- OATMEAL has great fiber
- MAPLE SYRUP is a natural sweetener that has minerals and vitamins
- CHOCOLATE my FAVORITE food group, has antioxidants to protect your skin and cells, and actually raises your HDL (good) cholesterol!
I love treats with benefits! 🙂
And… as a busy momprenuer I also love treats that take no time at all! I can’t exactly tell you how long the prep time was because… I was baking with a 5 and 2 year old BUT even with them it wasn’t more than 10 minutes or so! Baking time is about 9 minutes so in less than 20 minutes you too can be sinking your teeth into ooey, gooey warm, home made, yummy cookies!
To make this as EASY as possible for you… here are some things you might need!
Almond Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1½ cups oats
- ⅓ cup maple syrup (if you want it sweeter do ½ cup)
- Generous ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flaxseed and 2½ Tbsp water, let it sit (about 5 minutes to thicken)
- OPTIONAL: ¼ cup chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Add all ingredients to a bowl
- Stir until combined
- Scoop (I used an ice cream scooper) or roll into balls and flatten out slightly
- Bake for 9 minutes
(And TRY not to eat ALL the cookies in one sitting!)
Good Luck! 🙂
Leave a Reply