This is one of my most popular recipes! I can’t think of anything else I make that SO many people have tried (and loved). I’ve brought it to pot-lucks, gathering, holiday parties, given it as gifts and even shipped in the mail cross-country!
I knew this was a hit when my father-in-law (a true meat-and-potatoes guy) raved about them!
This recipe is that it’s easy and fast; you just toss some ingredients in a bowl and bake! It really satisfies that decadent “brownie” craving, since the almond butter makes them SO rich and moist!
It’s also way healthier than regular brownies! I love it for dessert, but it also makes for a delicious after-school treat.
Almonds are high in fiber, protein, vitamin E and healthy unsaturated fats. The coconut sugar makes them low-glycemic too!
I’m sharing this recipe today in honor of National Brownie Day! Post in the comments below, I’d love to hear what you think! 🙂
Almond Butter Brownies (Vegan, Gluten- and Dairy-Free)
- 1 cup organic raw almond butter
- ½ cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsp flaxseed + 3 tbsp water
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp organic vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven: 350 F
- Grease small Pyrex dish (8×8 or 9×9), or line with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips
- Add chocolate chips and pour batter into pan
- Bake until golden dark brown and a toothpick comes out clean – about 22-25 mins
- Cool at least 10 mins before cutting (if you can wait that long!)