For the first time in a while, I’m VERY interested in the Super Bowl. And I couldn’t even tell you what teams are playing. I am a HUGE Coldplay fan, and they are performing the half time show! I’ve been to their concerts many times, in my different states and cities and look forward to seeing them again on their U.S. tour this Summer. But whether you are a huge football fan, or just excited to see the band play, there is one thing everyone can agree on: Game Day means comfort food! How does a big bowl of piping hot chili with a side of fresh vegan and gluten-free cornbread and a dollop of home made vegan sour cream sound?
For my husband’s birthday last week, I made him a veggie chili in the slow-cooker! It came out great and even my toddler loved it. I’m not a fan of spicy food, so if you love a kick definitely add more spice. I think it has a great flavor, and even my spice-loving husband approved! I love that it’s chock full of beans and veggies; it’s a hearty,warming meal for a cool day.
As always, I love to hear from! Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Happy Game Day!
Vegan Slow-Cooker Chili
- 2 15-oz cans kidney beans
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas
- 1 18-oz jar crushed tomato
- 1 18-oz jar diced tomato
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 1 cup celery (about 3 stalks), chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 6-oz jar tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Heat the oil over medium heat & sauté the onion 5-6 minutes, until translucent
- Add the garlic & sauté 40-60 seconds, until just aromatic
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker & stir well
- Cook for 4-6 hours, until veggies & beans are tender
Note: I used an Instant Pot which let me sauté and slow-cook in the same pot. It makes this recipe a super-easy one-pot meal!